WASHINGTON, Feb. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As National Nutrition Month approaches, USA Medical is providing useful tips. In addition, the Company is helping people live healthier lives by providing discounts on medications through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical also shares 3 tips from Columbia University for nutritious eating habits:
- Limit dining out and eating prepared food. Prepared food is often higher in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol than meals cooked at home. These foods increase the risk of obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease. If you do dine out, choose baked, steamed and grilled food over fried options. And, try to eat fresh meat over luncheon meat such as ham, bacon, hot dogs, and sausage.
- Eat for energy. Drink water to stay hydrated. It's important to eat breakfast on a daily basis. Keep healthy snacks readily available so you're not temped by junk food. Avoid overdependence on caffeine because it can disrupt your sleep and dehydrate you.
- Control meal portions. Maintain a healthy weight by not overeating. Avoid mindless munching. Feel fuller, longer by adding more vegetables to your diet. Split restaurant meals to bring half home or share with a friend.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical, Jordan Sessler says, "It's tempting to believe you can make big lifestyle changes overnight to improve your health, but it's not realistic. Take small steps. For instance, start by taking medicine as prescribed by a medical professional. Don't let the cost of prescriptions stop you from living healthier. My company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help you save up to 75% on your prescriptions."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including medications prescribed for the side effects of breast cancer treatment such as: ondansetron, lorazepam, alprazolam, dronabinol and ferrous sulfate.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need.